- Mammoth Scenic Loop begins just north of town off Highway 203.
- It takes approximately 30 minutes to drive from town to the loops junction with US-395.
- Along the route, make sure to stop and visit the Inyo Craters, one of Mammoth’s most famous attractions.
Beginning just north of downtown, the Mammoth Scenic Loop is the perfect way for visitors to get acquainted with the local scenery. The route winds through a beautiful forest of Jeffrey Pines, and passes popular attractions such as the Inyo Craters.
Find the Mammoth Scenic Loop Road off Highway 203 in the north end of town. You’ll turn right onto Mammoth Scenic Loop and wind passed beautiful Jeffrey and Lodgepole pines. After approximately 10 miles, you’ll continue onto Dry Creek Rd until the routes junction with US-395.
The drive is 16 long. It takes approximately 30 minutes to get from town to the junction with US-395.
- For those looking for unique sightseeing, make sure to stop at the Inyo Craters for an opportunity to experience unique geological formations.
- Hikers make sure to stop at the many popular trailheads along the drive including favorites such as Lookout Mountain and Obsidian Dome.
- Road cyclists love this route for its beautiful scenery, convenient location, and light traffic.